We are committed to ensuring that the quality of the audit work provided by our suppliers is of the highest standards. To promote transparency and encourage best practice, we provide a number of reports on the assessments we make:
- the ‘Quality Review Programme annual report‘ provides an overview of the quality of work across all our audit suppliers;
- an ‘annual regulatory compliance and quality report‘ for each firm providing service on our behalf; and
- a ‘regime compliance monitoring report‘ for each firm on a quarterly (for firms auditing principal bodies) or annual basis (for firms reviewing small bodies).
For our reviews we rely on:
- suppliers’ systems for ensuring compliance with our regulatory requirements;
- the work of the Financial Reporting Council; and
- suppliers’ internal quality monitoring reviews.
The annual reports are available here.
The annual reports previously issued by the Audit Commission are available here.
‘Annual regulatory compliance and quality’ and ‘Regime compliance monitoring’ reports are available for the following firms: