If you are using internet explorer 10 or above you may experience a compatibility issue when trying to access our audit tools. This can result in one of two issues, either you will recieve a ‘Report Viewer Configuration Error’ warning or the lists used to select the council that you are interested in viewing the data for will not be available.
Both of these errors can be prevented by adding the Value for Money Profiles Tool to the list of sites you access using the compatibility view option, available in your Intranet Explorer options. This can be done by following these simple steps:
From Internet explorer
1. Copy the URL for the Value for Money Profiles Tool or navigate to the Value for Money Profiles Tool webpage.
2. Click on ‘tools’ on the main menu bar.
3. From the drop-down menu, select ‘Compatibility View Settings’.
The following window will now appear:
If the URL for the Value for Money Profiles Tool webpage is not listed under ‘Websites you’ve added to compatibility view’…
4. Copy and paste the URL for the Value for Money Profiles Tool webpage into the freetext box, ‘Add this website’.
5. Click on the ‘Add’ button.
6. Ensure that the checkbox is selected for ”Display all websites in Compatibility View’.
7. Click on the ‘Close’ button.
If the issue remains unresolved and the drop down menu still does not appear, please:
8). Close down you Internet Explorer programme completely and relaunch it.
When you relaunch the Value for Money Profiles Tool webpage, your settings should now have been updated to prevent this error from recurring.