Speakers and panel members will provide a wealth of experience of public audit from across the UK. The outline programme is as follows:
- Sir Amyas Morse, Comptroller and Auditor General of the National Audit Office, on the importance of public audit, and the NAO’s role and responsibilities in relation to local audit
- Caroline Gardner, Auditor General for Scotland and PSAA Board Member, comparing and contrasting different models of public audit
- Rob Whiteman, CIPFA Chief Executive, on their guidance on audit committees and on the annual governance statement
- Jon Hayes, Chief Officer PSAA, outlining the appointing person arrangements
- Gareth Davies, Partner Mazars LLP, on the key issues arising in 2017/18 audit
- Q&A panel of audit committee chairs
The event is aimed at Chairs of Audit Committees (or similar) and Directors of Finance.
Local bodies which have opted into PSAA’s national scheme will be entitled to attend Local Audit Quality Forum events free of charge (up to two delegates per body). Other bodies will be charged £200 plus VAT per person. In allocating places priority will be given to delegates representing opted-in bodies.