PSAA has a responsibility to deliver the following objectives:
- appointing auditors to all relevant authorities;
- setting scales of fees, and charging fees, for the audit of accounts of relevant authorities and consulting with relevant parties in relation to those scales of fees;
- ensuring effective management of contracts with audit firms for the delivery of consistent, quality and effective audit services to relevant authorities;
- ensuring that public money continues to be properly accounted for and protected;
- being financially responsible having regard to the efficiency of operating costs and transparently safeguarding fees charged to audited bodies; and
- leading its people as a good employer, ensuring that it continues to be fit-for-purpose; motivating and supporting its staff; and communicating with them in an open, honest and timely way.